Do you want to explore the majestic landscapes, the historical relics and the interesting tourist activities? If so, you should not miss Ba Vi National Park - an ideal destination for nature lovers. Let’s discover this place with BDATrip right away!
With an area of over 10,000 ha, Ba Vi National Park is one of the special nature conservation areas of Vietnam. Located on the Ba Vi mountain range, this national park belongs to the territory of Hanoi city and Hoa Binh province, about 50 km from the center of Hanoi. This national park is a harmonious place between nature and history, between culture and science.
Ba Vi National Park has a rich terrain, from plains to plateaus, from valleys to mountains. The most prominent feature is the three highest mountains in the Ba Vi mountain range: King Mountain (1,296 m), Tan Vien Mountain (1,227 m) and Ngoc Hoa Mountain (1,131 m). Tan Vien Mountain is considered sacred, the residence of Son Tinh, the mountain god in Vietnamese legend.
In terms of flora and fauna, Ba Vi Park has a diversity and richness, with more than 1,000 plant species and more than 200 animal species. Among them, there are many rare and valuable species such as cypress, pine, oak, magnolia… There are also many medicinal plants and wild animals such as white pheasant, monkey, leopard, bear, flying squirrel…
In addition to the natural conservation value, Ba Vi Park also has historical and cultural values. During the resistance war against France, the Ba Vi mountain area was the base of the revolutionary forces. Many historical relics are preserved here, such as Ba Vi prison, Uncle Ho’s greenhouse, memorial monument for martyrs… This national park also has many cultural works with strong national identity, such as Ba Vi ancient church, Upper Temple, Bao Thien Tower…
To get to Ba Vi National Park, you can use different means of transportation, depending on your preferences and budget such as:
- Motorbike: This is the most convenient and flexible form of transportation, helping you to freely explore this land. You just need to follow Highway 32 from Hanoi, through Son Tay, then turn into the road to Khoang Xanh - Suoi Tien tourist area. Then you follow the signpost to Ba Vi Park. This distance is about 100 km, taking about 2 hours.
- Car: If you go with your family or group of friends, you can rent a car to go to Ba Vi National Park. You can contact travel companies or car rental services to book a car in advance.
- Bus: If you want to save money and enjoy the scenery on the way, you can choose the bus as your form of transportation. You can catch bus number 74 from My Dinh bus station or number 214 from Yen Nghia bus station, get off at Son Tay bus station. Then you catch bus number 79 from Son Tay bus station to Ba Vi Park.
To visit Ba Vi National Park, you need to buy tickets at the gate of the tourist area. The entrance fee is 60,000 VND/person/turn. In addition, you also have to pay extra service fees depending on the type of tourism and activities you choose such as:
- Motorbike fee: 10,000 VND/vehicle/turn
- Car fee: 30,000 VND/vehicle/turn
- Elevator fee to Upper Temple: 80,000 VND/person/turn
- Entrance fee to Cactus Greenhouse: 30,000 VND/person/turn
- Entrance fee to Thien Son Suoi Nga: 50,000 VND/person/turn
- Camping fee: 50,000 VND/person/night
With an area of over 10,000 ha, Ba Vi national forest is a unique and beautiful primary forest in this national park. This is a place with a diverse and rich ecosystem, with many ancient trees, flowers, birds and wild animals.
If visitors want to explore more about Ba Vi national forest, you can also join the eco-tours organized by the professional guides of the national park. You will be taken to the mysterious forest areas, the magical caves, the clear streams and the rare plants. You will also have the opportunity to meet and interact with the local people, learn about their culture and customs.
Thien Son Suoi Nga is an area with many clear streams flowing all year round, creating poetic and romantic landscapes. You can swim in the stream, play in the water, watch the rainbow or relax by the stream.
At Suoi Nga, you can also experience other entertainment activities such as mountain climbing, fishing, boating, shooting or playing folk games.
The cactus greenhouse displays more than 1,200 different species of cacti, from domestic and foreign. You will admire the beautiful and strange cacti, with various shapes and colors, from tiny to giant, from round to slender, from green to red.
In addition, visitors can also buy cactus pots as souvenirs or decorations for their homes. You will also be guided on how to care for and plant cacti by people who are knowledgeable about plants.
Ba Vi ancient church was designed in French style, built in 1942, on the top of Tan Vien mountain. The church has a Gothic style, with high domes, hexagonal windows and stone walls.
Ba Vi ancient church is not only a place of religious worship, but also a historical symbol witnessing the process of resistance against France by the Vietnamese people. To get to Ba Vi ancient church, you have to walk about 3km from the foot of Tan Vien mountain. The road to the church is quite difficult and steep, but when you reach the top of the mountain, you will be able to see the whole beautiful and majestic landscape of Ba Vi land.
Upper Temple is a place to worship Thanh Tan Vien Son Thanh - one of the three mountain gods of the Vietnamese people. Upper Temple was built in the 18th century, on the highest peak of Tan Vien mountain.
To get to the Upper Temple, you have to overcome more than 1,000 stone steps or take an elevator. When you arrive, you will admire the unique architecture of the temple, with red tiled roofs, carved wooden columns and statues of gods.
Bao Thien Tower is a unique architectural work built in 2010, to commemorate 1000 years of Thang Long - Hanoi. The tower has the shape of a feather pen, symbolizing the culture and history of the country.
Bao Thien Tower has a height of 63 m, equivalent to the number of years of reign of King Ly Thai To - who laid the foundation for the capital Thang Long. The tower has 11 floors, each floor has its own meaning. The first floor is the lobby, displaying artifacts related to the history of Thang Long - Hanoi. From the second floor to the tenth floor are exhibition floors, introducing the cultural, economic, social and tourism features of Vietnamese provinces. The eleventh floor is the observation floor, allowing you to see the whole view of Ba Vi National Park and surroundings.
Camping is an interesting and attractive tourist activity in Ba Vi National Park. You can choose one of the pre-designed camping areas or find your own suitable place to set up camp. Visitors will experience life close to nature, sleep under the stars, listen to the wind rustling and animals calling.
In addition, you can also organize exchange and fun activities with your friends, such as singing karaoke, burning campfire, grilling meat, telling ghost stories or playing group games. You can also get up early to watch the sunrise, walk in the forest or pick fruits.
When visiting Ba Vi, an attractive destination near Hanoi, you cannot miss the opportunity to enjoy the famous specialties of this place. From barb fish and Da River catfish to dishes such as grilled goat meat, badger pig, goat milk, taro soup, fried pickles with pork rinds, and cassava vegetables, each dish is a unique culinary experience. Especially, in the cold air of winter, gathering around a campfire and enjoying a barbecue party in the middle of Ba Vi forest will be an unforgettable memory.
Furthermore, to make your family trip more complete, visitors can also consider some nearby hotels and guesthouses, such as:
- Melia Ba Vi Mountain Retreat: This 4-star resort blends into the pristine beauty of the Ba Vì tropical forest. With its modern and luxurious architecture, Melia Ba Vi Mountain Retreat provides a comfortable and cozy resting space. The rooms here are exquisitely designed, ensuring a top-notch relaxation experience.
- Homestay Ba Vì: An ideal choice for those who want to experience local life. This homestay offers a warm space with traditional Vietnamese style. The clean, simple, but fully equipped rooms make you feel like you are at home.
For the utmost convenience, visitors can choose to book a complete Ba Vì National Park tour package at BDATrip, where they will receive thorough advice on recreational and relaxation spots in the area.
To have a fun and safe trip in Ba Vi National Park, you need to pay attention to some things as follows:
- You should bring the necessary items for the trip such as: clothes suitable for the weather, comfortable shoes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, medicine, knife, lighter, flashlight, sleeping bag and tent (if camping).
- You can bring food and drinks that are easy to preserve and convenient. However, visitors should pay attention to the price and quality of food, and avoid buying food that is not hygienic or expired.
- Comply with and implement the regulations of Ba Vi Park according to the instructions of security and rescue staff in case of emergency.
I hope this article has given you more useful information about Ba Vi National Park. I wish you and your family and friends a great trip!
Copyright © 2022 BDATrip.com | All rights reserved.