In recent years, the rise of remote work and online businesses has given birth to a new breed of professionals known as digital nomads. Digital nomads are individuals who use technology to work remotely from any location, allowing them to travel the world while earning a living.
Vietnam has become a popular destination for digital nomads in Southeast Asia, offering a unique blend of culture, cuisine, and affordable living. In this blog, we will cover everything you need to know about getting a Vietnam visa as a digital nomad.
Types of Vietnam visas for digital nomads
Tourist Visa (3 months)
This type of visa is suitable for digital nomads who plan to stay in Vietnam for up to three months. Tourist visas can be obtained online through the Vietnam e-Visa system or by visiting a Vietnam embassy or consulate in your home country.
Business Visa (6 months, 1 year)
Digital nomads who plan to stay in Vietnam for an extended period may opt for a business visa, which can be valid for up to six months or one year. Business visas can be obtained by applying through a local sponsor or a Vietnamese company that you are partnering with.
Digital nomads who plan to work for a Vietnamese company or start a business in Vietnam may apply for a work visa. The process for obtaining a work visa is more complex and time-consuming than a tourist or business visa, as it involves submitting additional documents such as a police clearance certificate and a business plan.
Vietnam visa requirements for digital nomads
- Passport: You must have a valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
- Visa application form: You must complete a visa application form and submit it along with your passport and other required documents.
- Passport-sized photo: You will need to provide a passport-sized photo for your visa application.
- Visa fee: You must pay the visa fee, which varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
- Other supporting documents: Depending on the type of visa you are applying for, you may need to provide additional documents such as proof of accommodation, travel itinerary, or proof of employment.
Tips for obtaining a Vietnam visa for digital nomads
Apply for your visa in advance
It is recommended that you apply for your visa at least two weeks before your planned travel date to avoid any last-minute delays or issues.
Check visa requirements
Make sure to check the specific visa requirements for your nationality and the type of visa you are applying for.
Consider using a visa agent
If you are unsure about the visa application process, you may consider using a visa agent like BDATrip to assist you with the application process.
In conclusion, Vietnam is an excellent country for digital nomads, offering a unique blend of culture, cuisine, and affordable living. By following the tips and requirements outlined above, digital nomads can obtain a Vietnam visa and start their journey in this vibrant and exciting country.