Do you know that the Vietnam Military History Museum is one of the first and leading national museums and the top museum in the system of military museums in our country? Let’s explore this with BDATrip through the following article!
On July 17, 1956, President Ho Chi Minh issued Decree No. 65/SL-TN to protect the cultural heritage of the Vietnam Military Museum (formerly the Military Museum). The museum is located at 28A Dien Bien Phu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi City, opposite Lenin Park. This place used to be a French military camp, at the foot of Hanoi Flag Tower - a symbol of the pride and independence aspiration of the nation.
The Vietnam Military History Museum plays a role as a place to store, preserve, research and disseminate the historical, cultural and military values of the Vietnamese nation from the Hung Kings period to the Ho Chi Minh period. This is also a place to educate patriotic, heroic, resilient, sacrificial and victorious traditions of our army and people in the resistance wars against foreign aggression.
The museum has a total area of 12,800 m2, of which the outdoor exhibition area occupies 3,200 m2, and the indoor exhibition area occupies 3,000 m2. Specifically, the museum has 29 official exhibition rooms and 2 thematic exhibition rooms. In addition, the museum also has other areas such as: reception area, book introduction area, souvenir sales area, entertainment area for children…
Vietnam Army Museum, with 29 galleries, is a place to preserve and reflect Vietnam's rich military history. The galleries are divided into 6 main themes, each representing an important historical period from the Hung King period to modern times. Among them, three main areas S2, S3, and S4 stand out with valuable artifacts and documents, showing from Vietnam's military history during the Hung King period to the construction and defense of the Fatherland from 1975 to now. It also displays ancient weapons such as swords, axes, spears, bows and arrows, and pistols, as well as relics of national heroes such as Nguyen Hue's helmet and Nguyen Tri Phuong's armor.
The Vietnam Army Museum not only has indoor display areas but also outdoor display areas, where visitors can see military vehicles and weapons, aircraft, tanks, war boats... that our army has used in wars:
- Military vehicles and weapons display area: You can see more than 130 artifacts, including tanks, armored vehicles, artillery vehicles, armored vehicles, military vehicles, ambulances, cranes, Special vehicles... have fought in famous battles such as: Dien Bien Phu, Binh Gia, Ba Ria - Vung Tau, Quang Tri - Hue, Saigon - Liberation of the South...
- Aircraft display area: There are more than 30 artifacts here, including fighters, bombers, helicopters... that have written the history of the Vietnamese air force, such as: MiG aircraft -17 number 3020 (National Treasure), MiG-21 aircraft numbers 4324 and 5121 (National Treasure), SU-22 aircraft number 5859...
- War boat display area: More than 10 artifacts, including patrol boats, mini submarines, speedboats... that created miracles in the 1974 Hoang Sa Naval Battle and the 1988 Gac Ma Naval Battle.
The Vietnam Military Museum is also famous for an architectural work of high historical and cultural value, which is the Hanoi Flag Tower. It was built in 1955, designed by architect Nguyen Huu Tien. The Hanoi Flag Tower is 33.4 m high, shaped like a sharp spear, showing the heroic and determined spirit of our nation in the struggle for independence. The Hanoi Flag Tower is made of reinforced concrete, with a diameter of 2 m at the base and 0.8 m at the top with 4 entrances, each in the shape of a V, symbolizing victory. On top of the flagpole there is a wheel with 6 spokes, symbolizing the connection and solidarity of the fraternal ethnic groups. On the wheel there is a five-pointed star, symbolizing the Communist Party of Vietnam. The flag hanging on the flagpole is 5 x 3.6 m in size, which is our national flag.
The Hanoi Flag Tower is a witness to many important historical events of our army and people, such as: The parade to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the August Revolution (1955), The parade to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Dien Bien Phu Victory (1964), The parade to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Liberation of the South (2005)… This is also a place where cultural, artistic, sports… activities are regularly organized for the capital’s people as well as domestic and foreign tourists.
Information about opening hours, ticket prices, tour guide services
The Vietnam Military History Museum opens for visitors to visit on all days of the week, except holidays. Vietnam Military Museum opening hours from 8:00 am to 11:30 am in the morning and from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm in the afternoon. Visitors must buy tickets to enter the museum,Vietnam Military History Museum ticket price is 40,000 VND for adults and 20,000 VND for children.
Especially, the museum has a team of professional, enthusiastic and knowledgeable guides who can guide in different languages, such as: Vietnamese, English, French, Chinese, Russian… to help foreign tourists have the best cultural travel experiences here.
The Vietnam Military Museum is a large museum with many artifacts and information for you to explore. Therefore, visitors should choose a suitable time to have enough time to visit the museum completely. The best time is on weekdays, avoiding weekends or holidays, to limit crowding and noise. Visitors should spend at least 2-3 hours to visit the museum, to be able to see carefully the artifacts and listen to the guide’s explanation.
At the Vietnam Military History Museum, educational activities and diverse historical experiences are regularly organized to bring visitors the most realistic view of the history of the national struggle such as:
- Military history classes: These classes are not only an opportunity for pupils, students, and adults to learn about the country's heroic military history but also a place for them to connect with the past through vivid and engaging stories.
- Historical re-enactment program: The museum organizes re-enactments of important historical battles, opening up a lively space to help visitors have the opportunity to re-experience memorable historical moments, thereby deeply understanding more insight into the formation and development of Vietnam's military forces.
- Entertainment activities: The museum also focuses on educating children through entertaining games, from traditional folk games to modern games, creating conditions for children to learn while Play and explore history in an interesting and creative way.
When visiting the Vietnam Military History Museum, you also need to comply with the security and safety regulations of the museum, such as:
- Do not bring dangerous or prohibited items into the museum, such as: knives, scissors, guns, explosives…
- Do not bring pets into the museum, such as: dogs, cats, birds…
- Do not bring food with bad smell or cause pollution into the museum.
- Do not bring alcohol or stimulants into the museum
- Do not bring motor vehicles or bicycles into the museum, except for wheelchairs for the disabled.
- Do not touch, climb or move the artifacts in the museum, unless permitted.
- Do not graffiti, write, glue or damage the artifacts or walls in the museum.
- Do not smoke, spit, litter or make noise in the museum. Do not take photos or videos with flash or loud sound in the museum, unless permitted.
- Do not bring machines, equipment or materials that cause fire or explosion into the museum.
- Do not organize cultural, artistic, sports… activities unrelated to the museum within the museum premises, unless permitted.
- When visiting the museum, you should dress politely, not too revealing or sexy. You should also keep a respectful attitude and listen to the guide.
Hopefully this article will help you have an overview and detailed view of the Vietnam Military History Museum. This is a place that you cannot miss when you come to travel in Hanoi, where you can understand and feel the historical, cultural and military values of the nation.
Copyright © 2022 BDATrip.com | All rights reserved.