Update Vietnam's Newest Visa Policy
Vietnam's newest visa policy was issued on August 15, 2023, with the following key changes:
- It adds 8 new countries to the list of countries that are eligible for visa waivers, bringing the total number of visa-waiver countries to 13.
- The validity of the e-visa has been extended to 90 days with multiple entries.
- Extends the validity of the temporary residence certificate issued at the border for visa-waiver arrivals from 15 days to 45 days.
Step-by-Step Guide to Vietnam Visa Requirements
In addition to its rich culture, beautiful scenery, and delicious cuisine, Vietnam is a fascinating country. It is no surprise that it has become a popular tourist destination in recent years. Before booking your trip, you should ensure that you have the appropriate visa.
Here is a step-by-step guide to obtaining a Vietnam visa:
- Check if you need a visa. Citizens of some countries are eligible for visa-free entry to Vietnam for short stays. You can check the visa requirements for your country on the Vietnam Immigration Department website.
- Apply for a visa online. The easiest way to get a Vietnam visa is to apply online for an e-visa. E-visas are valid for 90 days and allow for multiple entries.
- Gather the required documents. To apply for an e-visa, you will need a passport with at least 6 months validity remaining, a passport-sized photo, and a credit or debit card to pay the visa fee.
- Submit your application. Once you have gathered all of the required documents, you can submit your e-visa application online. The processing time for e-visas is typically 3-7 business days.
- Receive your e-visa. Once your e-visa has been approved, you will receive a notification email. You can then print out your e-visa and present it to immigration officials upon arrival in Vietnam.
Vietnam Visa Types
The type of visa you need will depend on the purpose of your visit to Vietnam. The most common types of visas are:
- Tourist visa: For short-term stays for tourism purposes.
- Business visa: For short-term stays for business purposes.
- Work visa: For long-term stays for employment purposes.
- Student visa: For long-term stays for study purposes.
Vietnam Visa Fees
The visa fee for Vietnam depends on your nationality and the type of visa you are applying for. The following is a general overview of the visa fees:
- E-visa: 25 USD
- Visa on arrival: 50 USD
- Tourist visa: 25-50 USD
- Business visa: 50-100 USD
Vietnam Visa Application Process
There are two main ways to apply for a Vietnam visa:
- Online: You can apply for a Vietnam e-visa online through the Vietnam Immigration Portal. This is the fastest and most convenient way to apply for a visa, and it is available to citizens of most countries.
- At a Vietnamese embassy or consulate: You can also apply for a visa in person at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your home country. This process is typically slower and more expensive than applying online.
Vietnam Visa Processing Time
The processing time for a Vietnam visa depends on the type of visa you are applying for and the method you are using to apply. E-visas are typically processed within 3-7 business days. Visas on arrival are typically processed within 1-2 business days. Visas applied for at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate can take up to 2 weeks to process.
Tips for Applying for a Vietnam Visa
- Make sure you have all of the required documents before you apply for your visa.
- Apply for your visa well in advance of your trip to Vietnam.
- If you are applying for a visa on arrival, make sure you have enough cash to pay the visa fee.
- Be sure to check the validity of your visa before you travel to Vietnam.
Applying for a Vietnam visa is a relatively straightforward process Apply now form